My roommate's sister is in town for a few days, and last night we all went to dinner. Now, I'm not really much of a "foodie" (or much of a person who likes the term "foodie"), so I kind of left the restaurant decisions up to Rose and Molly, who both work at nice restaurants and can tell the difference between foie gras and a pile of poop. (I do realize that using the word poop in a restaurant "review" may not be the best idea. But, oh well. Poop.)
So, Rose suggested Little Dishes, a place in our neighborhood that she'd been to before and liked. Well, it was delicious. Comfortable, unpretentious atmosphere, and a friendly, knowledgeable (and kinda cute?) server.
- Cheese Plate - three cheeses with house-made fig & almond cake
- Hen of the Woods Mushroom Salad - arugula, radicchio and Uplands Pleasant Ridge cheese
- Cream of Parsnip Soup w/ Bacon and Apple
- Prosciutto Americano - with Macintosh apple, Bayley Hazen Blue cheese & Pine nut salad
- Pan Roasted Duck Breast - with sautéed broccoli rabe & fresh plum & red wine veal sauce
- Mac & Cheese - cheddar, parmesan, gruyere & breadcrumb topping
- Caramel Bread Pudding - with roasted pecans
Bone app a teet.