Sunday, February 3, 2008

Miles Davis

So I had cause to celebrate this weekend because of some good news at work. I'm really cool, and you are all infinitely fascinated with my life, so here is how I whooped it up:

Friday: Walked around in the pouring rain, trying to make plans with people. No one wanted to see me. Went home, soaking wet, drank wine and watched the first episodes of Battlestar Galactica (so good!) Finally got a call from my friend Cathy, who was coming to Brooklyn. Went out for two drinks. Brought Cathy back to my house. We watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer and I fell asleep and called her Nel when she was trying to put me to bed. Nel is my sister.

Saturday: Went to 7A with Cathy. She got food poisoning (don't get the goat cheese sammich, btw!) I got her ginger ale and tended to her for a little while, then came home. I am now blogging, alone in my apartment, at 2:30 in the morning watching Ella Enchanted (not so good!) I just finished watching The Perfect Man with Hilary Duff and Heather Locklear (I have a serious problem!)

Isn't there supposed to be champagne involved in a celebration? Guess Bud Light'll have to do. Oh, and other people. There should probably be other people and music and dancing and not loneliness.

2 comments:

elaine said...

Oh dear. I actually have nothing comforting to offer but sometimes it's nice to have something other than echoes accompany a post like this.

Anonymous said...

What was the good news at work? I hate cliffhangers.